*** If you are doing an anthology where the profits are going to charity, cover design is free. ***
If you are interested in commissioning a cover or simply want to discuss a potential project you can contact me
– via e-mail at contact[at]coveritdesigns.net
– through Facebook.
Before you proceed, there’s something I want to say.
Choose your cover designer wisely. When you look at a portfolio, ask yourself if that designer’s style will fit your book. DO NOT choose your cover designer by their price. If you’re willing to pay for custom cover design, get yourself a cover that will fit your book. There’s nothing worse than a book/cover designer mismatch. I seriously can’t stress this enough.
Before contacting me, please make sure to read the FAQ section. Chances are, whatever questions you might have, they’ve already been asked.
Information you should include when contacting me:
- Book title, author/pen name, and any taglines you might want to put on the front.
- Brief description of the book, and something close to the blurb I can put on the back (it’s okay if you don’t have this, I’ll just use a placeholder).
- General mood of the book – dark, happy, sad, etc?
- Genre, very important.
- Please be as specific as possible about ANYTHING you think matters. This includes weather, setting of your book, etc. I will try to match it as close as possible.
- Brief description of any characters you might want to show on the cover.
- Technicalities such as trim size, paper color, page number (if applicable), which POD publisher you will be using (for paperback package).
- Your tentative cover reveal/book release date.
Budget Design: simple eBook Package
$79.99 (Paypal Fees Included) *A very simple, budget friendly eBook design.
Custom Design: eBook Package
$119.99 (Paypal Fees Included) **If you are only publishing your book as an eBook, this is a great solution.
Custom Design: eBook + Paperback Package
$179.99 (Paypal Fees Included) ***If you will be publishing in both print and eBook format, this is the best solution.
* This package contains a very simple, but still high quality eBook cover design. The author will provide a single stock photo, and will generally get the cover back within 48 hours regardless of my schedule. I do reserve some right to do what I think works best with post-processing the photos, as well as when it comes to picking out the fonts and colours. In case of series, the first cover is full price. The second, third, etc., eBook covers are priced at $69.99.
** In case of series, only the first book cover is full price. The second, third, etc., eBook covers are priced at $99.99.
** In case of series, only the first book is full price. The second, third, etc., covers are priced at $149.99.
These discounts apply only if I did the first cover in the series. There are no further discounts. I reserve the right to change pricing at any time.
Applies to all packages:
- All payments through Paypal, after the final design has been approved.
- You are not allowed to use the cover files commercially until the payment has been made.
- You will get a couple of designs after we discuss your vision of what your cover should look like, characters, the story and mood of the book. If you have any specific wishes, let me know, I work one-on-one with the author and keep them involved in the design process the whole time.
- You can make as many changes to the design as you want during the design process. I want you to be happy with your cover. But please don’t take advantage of this.
After that, any changes will be charged $49.99. For more information, check my FAQ.
- Stock images are not included in price.
- CLICK HERE to download a sampler package
I own commercial license to use all the fonts, textures, and brushes used in these covers.
Stock photos used in my pre-designed covers are purchased from Depositphotos and Dollarphotoclub.
For any additional info, please contact me.
Stock Photos and why they are not included in the price
After we agree on the final design of your cover, you will be asked to purchase stock photos for your cover.
The reason I ask all my clients to do this is because I don’t want to be held liable for any license misuse. You are held responsible to adhering to license terms, so please read through every license of every stock site you purchase your photos from to prevent any legal action against you for misuse. You have to protect yourself, and ignorance is not an excuse.
Additionally, I’d just like to add that I will never use the same photo in two designs. This is to ensure there are no repeat covers.